|Artist||Burren and Keen|
|Location||Cuba Mall, between Dixon and Ghuznee|
|Tour directions||Tour starts here|
"No, Mr. Frodo!"
Elijah Wood, who played Frodo in The Lord of the Rings movies, climbed on and urinated in the Bucket Fountain.
A Wellington landmark, the Bucket Fountain (originally referred to as the "Water Mobile"), was erected in 1969 as a part of the Cuba Street pedestrian mall.
In a 1969 article in the magazine Designscape, the Bucket Fountain was maligned as:
"Admirable in concept, as something different and interesting, the mobile has not has the careful thinking out it obviously needs [...] with sporadic and sudden cascades of water often missing the bucket below, or hitting as it swings upside down, with resulting large splashes onto the pavement and roars of laughter from onlookers"
In November 2003, the Wellington City Council gave the Bucket Fountain a $9000 upgrade. This consisted of re-fibreglassing and repainting the buckets, sandblasting the frame, and cleaning and painting the pool.
- Bucket Fountain Burren and Keen 1969 -41.292294 174.776338 http://www.sculptures.org.nz/__data/assets/image/0005/1697/thumb-bucket-fountain.jpg Bucket Fountain http://www.sculptures.org.nz/tours/courtenay/bucket-fountain
- Umbrella Peter Kundycki 1990 -41.291711 174.776592 http://www.sculptures.org.nz/__data/assets/image/0004/1696/thumb-umbrella.jpg Umbrella http://www.sculptures.org.nz/tours/courtenay/umbrella
- Sri Chinmoy Peace Capital Unknown 2002 -41.2914586 174.7768363 http://www.sculptures.org.nz/__data/assets/image/0008/1700/thumb-sri-chinmoy-peace-capital.jpg Sri Chinmoy Peace Capital http://www.sculptures.org.nz/tours/courtenay/sri-chinmoy-peace-capital
- Geometric Growth Guy Ngan 1974, Reinstalled 2006 -41.290287 174.778329 http://www.sculptures.org.nz/__data/assets/image/0006/1698/thumb-geometric-growth.jpg Geometric Growth http://www.sculptures.org.nz/tours/courtenay/geometric-growth
- Te Aro Park, Memorial Cairn Shona Davies 1988 -41.29212525 174.778208 http://www.sculptures.org.nz/__data/assets/image/0007/1699/thumb-memorial-cairn.jpg Memorial Cairn http://www.sculptures.org.nz/tours/courtenay/memorial-cairn
- Te Moana (The Sea) Logan Shipgood 1999 -41.29274144 174.7791324 http://www.sculptures.org.nz/__data/assets/image/0010/1702/thumb-te-moana.jpg Te Moana http://www.sculptures.org.nz/tours/courtenay/te-moana-the-sea
- Punga Peke Mike Murray 2000 -41.29307103 174.7800425 http://www.sculptures.org.nz/__data/assets/image/0009/1701/thumb-punga-peke.jpg Punga Peke http://www.sculptures.org.nz/tours/courtenay/punga-peke
- Tripod Weta Workshop 2005 -41.29414646 174.7834606 http://www.sculptures.org.nz/__data/assets/image/0005/2003/thumb-tripod.jpg Tripod http://www.sculptures.org.nz/tours/courtenay/tripod
- Queen Victoria Alfred Drury 1902-05 -41.29522819 174.7831907 http://www.sculptures.org.nz/__data/assets/image/0004/2002/thumb-queen-victoria.jpg Queen Victoria http://www.sculptures.org.nz/tours/courtenay/queen-victoria